Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Back To The Suck

Iraq had a nice welcome back for me, this being my first week back since R&R (which was awesome!). We had to move buildings to make room for another team that was going to live where we were previously living. It was kind of a good thing though, because it allowed me to get rid of a lot of clutter. Anyway, while we were moving to our new building we found out that there was a car bomb somewhere on the Iraqi side of the camp! There was also a bomb found on a car belonging to one of the Iraqi officers. Luckily it was found by the guards at the gate before it could be detonated. Everyone ended up being safe, so it wasn't a big deal, it just was a quick reminder that I am back.

I went to visit some of the guys that I had been working with, we talked for a while, they told me that I must stay for dinner, so while we waited we went and played some ping pong. I haven't played since I was young, so I was a little rusty. I needed to shake it off quick because these guys were pretty serious about the game! It was fun though, and it helped to work up our appetite.

This week we'll be getting busy trying to make their automated parts requests work and I'll be putting a transmission class together, plus unpacking the rest of my stuff in the new room.

No comments:

Post a Comment