Sunday, May 2, 2010

Tour of the Area

I got to be part of the 9th Division Commander's personal security team as a couple of his advisers went out with him on an inspection of a few of the division's checkpoints. I was the gunner in one of the two Hummers that had Americans, but I was able to snap a few pictures along the way. It was a long trip, so long that the other gunner thought that we had passed the border into Syria! But it was a good break from the monotony of FOB life, so we were happy for it. We didn't get to do much talking with anybody, for a while I was sure that the only people awake in my vehicle were me and the driver, (I only knew the driver was awake because we didn't crash). Any way here are some pictures:
These are driving along the Tigris river, maybe someday I'll buy a house here!






This is one of the Iraqi Hummers, notice two weapons where there is normally only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment